Brought to you by Catalyze SV:
Local government officials from across the U.S. discuss how they’re changing zoning to make it easier to build homes like duplexes.
About this Event: Mon, March 22, 2021 | 5:00 PM – 6:30 PM PDT
In recent years, cities across the country have begun passing reforms to zoning, changing policies that have been in place for decades.
San Jose, where 94% of residential land is zoned exclusively for single-family homes, is now considering a similar change through a concept called Opportunity Housing. The results could have a big impact – the New York Times cites research that if 10% of San Jose’s 5,000 square foot lots added a second unit, our community would have 15,000 new places for people to live.
Catalyze SV & Excite Credit Union invite you to join us for a dynamic panel bringing together government officials from across the U.S. who have evaluated & passed similar zoning changes.
We hope you’ll join us for this unique opportunity to engage with these experts as they share their insights and answer questions from you. Our confirmed panelists include:
- Lisa Bender, Minneapolis City Council President from Minneapolis, MN
- Love Jonson, Transportation Demand Specialist, Portland Department of Transportation from Portland, OR
- Greg Sandlund, Acting Planning Director of the City of Sacramento from Sacramento, CA
- Mon, March 22, 2021 at 5:00 – 5:05 pm: Panelists & participants call into Zoom; as participants enter the meeting, music plays
- 5:05 – 5:15 pm: Catalyze SV’s Executive Director offers welcome, requests questions in the “Chat” function & shares ground rules for discussion, introduces moderator
- 5:15 – 6:25 pm: Moderator asks panelists questions, including a couple from participants
- 6:25 – 6:30 pm: Wrap up & next steps
Do you have questions you’d like to ask the panel? Email them ahead of time to email@example.com. The sooner you send in your questions, the more likely they will be answered!