From the County of Santa Clara Public Health Department:
Temperatures are expected to be high through the weekend. It’s important to take care of yourself. Due to the potential for heat related illnesses such as heat exhaustion and heat stroke, everyone is encouraged to take precautionary measures:
• Drink plenty of fluids and stay out of the sun and in air conditioning, when possible.
• Avoid drinking alcohol and sugary drinks to help prevent dehydration.
• Ensure young children and pets are never left in vehicles under any circumstance. This is especially true during warm or hot weather when car interiors can reach lethal temperatures within minutes.
• Call 9-1-1 to assist someone who may be having a severe reaction to the heat.
• Check on neighbors via phone or email to see if they are okay.